Prime Video will be the exclusive subscription streaming home for members in select countries around the world
The multi-year agreement also brings breakout hit Emmy award-winning series This Is Us
LONDON — 18 September 2017 – Amazon and 20th Century Fox Television Distribution today announced an international content licensing agreement to bring the TV adaptation of The Exorcist and the critically acclaimed series This Is Us to Prime Video customers across more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Beginning in September of this year, Amazon Prime Video will start introducing seasons of The Exorcist and This Is Us to new countries post local, season finale broadcast. This marks the most encompassing international agreement between the two companies, making Amazon Prime Video the exclusive streaming home for both series in select countries.
“This Is Us is one of the best new TV series, beloved by viewers and acclaimed by critics,” said Brad Beale, Vice President of Worldwide Television Acquisition for Amazon. “Prime Video members are going to love watching this Emmy award-winning show along with the thrilling horror series The Exorcist.”
Prime Video members in the UK will be able to stream both series via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, mobile devices and online. Eligible customers who are not already Prime Video members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
“This Is Us has captivated audiences with its incredible storytelling and relatable characters that pull on our heartstrings, while The Exorcist, with its clever twists and big scares, has been something for horror fans to behold,” said Evan Scheffel, Executive Vice President, The Americas, Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. “We’re very pleased to be teaming with Amazon on this deal and look forward to new audiences around the world discovering these great series.”
This Is Us – which scored 11 Emmy nominations and won the award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Sterling K. Brown’s performance as Randall Pearson, and Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for Gerald McRaney’s performance as Dr. Nathan Katowski – chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Mandy Moore) as young parents in the 1980s to their 37-year-old kids Kevin (Justin Hartley), Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) searching for love and fulfillment in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the tiniest events in our lives impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death. From the writer and directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love. comes a smart, modern show that will welcome you into a family you feel you’ve known for years. Chris Sullivan, Susan Kelechi Watson and Ron Cephas Jones also star. Dan Fogelman, Donald Todd, John Requa, Glenn Ficarra, Ken Olin, Charlie Gogolak and Jess Rosenthal executive produce. This Is Us is produced by 20th Century Fox Television.
More than four decades after the Academy Award-nominated film, The Exorcist has returned as a TV series. The Exorcist is a propulsive, psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession. Father Tomas Ortega (Alfonso Herrera) is the new face of the Catholic Church: progressive, ambitious and compassionate. Father Marcus (Ben Daniels) is everything Father Tomas is not: relentless, abrasive and utterly consumed by his mission – and he constantly butts heads with his adversary within the church, Father Bennett (Kurt Egyiawan). Caught in the middle of the two priests is the Rance family, who are members of Tomas’ parish. On the surface, they’re a normal, American family, but all is not as it seems in this household. The mother, Angela, (Academy Award and Golden Globe winner and BAFTA nominee Geena Davis) begs Father Tomas for help, unwittingly setting the naïve young priest on a collision course with Father Marcus. Separately, each faces an insurmountable task, but together they become the Rances’ only hope against an evil force that has been mobilizing for centuries. Alan Ruck, Brianne Howey and Hannah Kasulka also star. The Exorcist is from Morgan Creek Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series was created by Jeremy Slater and executive produced by Slater, Emmy Award nominee Rolin Jones, Rupert Wyatt, Roy Lee, James Robinson, David Robinson and Barbara Wall.
Amazon Prime Video UK Press Office
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of popular movies and TV episodes, to stream or download, including Amazon Originals and Exclusives like American Gods, based on the award-winning novel by Neil Gaiman; recently launched Series 2 of Preacher starring Oscar nominated Ruth Negga and Dominic Cooper; Sneaky Pete, executive produced by Bryan Cranston; Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton; 2016 BAFTA winning Transparent; Ridley Scott produced The Man in the High Castle; 2016 Golden Globe® winning MR. ROBOT; Bosch, based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books; all series of Ripper Street and Clarkson, Hammond and May show The Grand Tour. Plus, must-see films like The BFG, The Imitation Game, Free State of Jones, The Hateful Eight, Room, Spotlight and more. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Allowing Prime members to add over 40 individual channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, hayu and others to their Prime Video viewing experience for an additional low monthly subscription fee, without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
- Rent or Own: Thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Watch Anywhere: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, mobile devices and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and Wii U, on the Amazon Prime Video app available on Google Play and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to thousands of Prime Video movies and TV episodes, Prime members enjoy One-Day Delivery, Prime Music, Prime Live Events, Prime Reading, Prime Photos, early access to Lightning Deals and more— all available for a monthly membership of £7.99/month, or a best value annual membership of just £79/year. Amazon customers who are not already members can start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime by visiting.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
About Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution
A unit of 21st Century Fox, Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution is a global leader in the distribution of award-winning motion pictures, television programming and entertainment content across Pay TV, broadcast television and SVOD. Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution connects audiences around the world with premium content from the production divisions of Twentieth Century Fox Films, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions as well as other 21st Century Fox companies.