Jeremy, Richard and James will spend over 100 Days travelling across five continents including Africa, Europe, North America, South America and Asia
Amazon Prime Video’s The Grand Tour will pitch its studio tent in a new home for series two, located in the Cotswolds
Amazon customers worldwide given the opportunity to be part of the studio audience as the application for the guestlist opens today for one week
London, 26th September: The new series of The Grand Tour will see Jeremy, Richard and James travel through more locations than ever, attempting to avoid any further mishaps and injury along the way. The trio will spend over 100 days across five continents, racking up more passport stamps from Croatia, Mozambique, Dubai, Spain, Switzerland, Colorado and New York and many more exotic locations around the world.
Given their sore joints, struggling lungs and combined age of 158, the studio tent has been given a new home in a charming location in the Cotswolds. For one week only, Amazon is inviting customers around the world to apply to be on the studio guestlist and join Clarkson, Hammond and May in their home country. Applications for tickets to the studio recordings of series two opens today at amazon.co.uk/GTTickets, closing at midnight on Tuesday 3rd October.
“The Grand Tour is our most popular show around the world having been watched in over 240 countries and territories,” said Jay Marine, VP of Amazon Video Europe. “Customers continually tell us that their favourite segments of The Grand Tour are the travelling adventures of Jeremy, Richard and James, so despite the various calamities and injuries along the way, the guys have spent this year exploring more incredible and stunning locations than ever before...and getting into more trouble of course. We can’t wait for our Prime members to see series two later this year.”
Andy Wilman, Executive Producer of The Grand Tour added: “It's clear that the most popular ‘Grand Tour’ element of the show is when the chaps are roaming the globe on their big adventures and road trips, so that's what we're doing a lot more of for this series. We'll keep the studio in one place, and given how accident prone they are at the minute, that can only be a good thing!"
Series one of The Grand Tour with Clarkson, Hammond and May broke records when it launched in November 2016, becoming the biggest show premiere ever on Amazon Prime Video. The Grand Tour is now also the most downloaded show on Prime Video to date with many customers downloading to watch on the go. Customers can re watch all of series one anytime on Prime Video and follow The Grand Tour on Facebook, and Twitter to be the first notified of upcoming news. As part of a three series deal, The Grand Tour will be back for two more series with the second series coming to Prime Video later this year.
- Ends –
Amazon Prime Video UK Press Office
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of popular movies and TV episodes, to stream or download, including Amazon Originals and Exclusives like American Gods, based on the award-winning novel by Neil Gaiman; recently launched Series 2 of Preacher starring Oscar nominated Ruth Negga and Dominic Cooper; Sneaky Pete, executive produced by Bryan Cranston; Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton; 2016 BAFTA winning Transparent; Ridley Scott produced The Man in the High Castle; 2016 Golden Globe® winning MR. ROBOT; Bosch, based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books; all series of Ripper Street and Clarkson, Hammond and May show The Grand Tour. Plus, must-see films like The BFG, The Imitation Game, Free State of Jones, The Hateful Eight, Room, Spotlight and more. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Allowing Prime members to add over 40 individual channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, hayu and others to their Prime Video viewing experience for an additional low monthly subscription fee, without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
- Rent or Own: Thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Watch Anywhere: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, mobile devices and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and Wii U, and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime members get unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to more than two million songs with Prime Music; exclusive access to purchase tickets for Prime Live Events with major artists, luxury Amazon lounges, Premium Seating and Pre-Sales for music concerts and entertainment shows across the UK available on Amazon Tickets; unlimited reading from a rotating selection of books, magazines, comics and more with Prime Reading; unlimited secure photo storage with Prime Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one pre-released book a month with Kindle First, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery and members receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories; unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Glasgow, and Edinburgh; and same-day delivery slots with Prime Now at no extra charge between 8am and 10pm across more than 30% of the UK population in selected postcodes in Birmingham, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Portsmouth, Surrey and South Yorkshire.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about.