Faster and more powerful than the best-selling Fire TV Stick, the all-new Fire TV features a 4K Ultra HD and HDR streaming media experience with an all-new diamond shaped design that easily fits behind your TV
Find all the content you love with over 200,000 TV episodes and movies and over 10,000 apps, channels, and Alexa skills
Coming soon, smart home camera support – view live video feeds via Alexa from compatible smart home cameras from Arlo, Ring, Nest, and Logitech
Luxembourg—27th September, 2017—Amazon today announced the all-new Fire TV, featuring 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and an Alexa Voice Remote. 40% more powerful than the Fire TV Stick, the next generation of Fire TV is the perfect and affordable companion to 4K Ultra HD or HDR compatible TVs, delivering true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid colors, 60 fps, HDR, and Dolby Atmos audio – all for just £69.99. With a unique diamond-shaped design, it’s easier than ever to fit behind your TV.
“The all-new Fire TV delivers a great entertainment experience with the best picture quality, 4K Ultra HD, HDR, and an unbeatable selection of content – all at an affordable price,” said Marc Whitten, Vice President, Amazon Fire TV. “With Alexa, the new Fire TV makes it easier to discover great movies and TV shows, all by using your voice.”
Customers can choose from over 10,000 apps, channels, and Alexa skills, and access over 200,000 movies and TV episodes—making it easy to find great content from popular services like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Amazon Video, Netflix, All 4, My5, Curzon Home Cinema, BBC News and BBC Sport, and many more. With Amazon Channels, Prime members can add channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+, and more. Each channel is available as an individual subscription so you only pay for the TV channels you want.
At just £69.99, the new Fire TV is Amazon's most affordable 4K-enabled device ever. Fire TV is also the best place to enjoy Amazon Video’s expansive collection of movies and TV, including the largest selection of 4K/UHD content available to stream today with hundreds of titles including Prime Exclusives like The Tick and The Grand Tour, and the lowest priced digital content of any over-the-top service across all formats: SD, HD and UHD.
The all-new Fire TV includes:
- Powerful Performance—Rely on a smooth and responsive performance with a 1.5 Ghz quad-core processor and dual-band, extended range 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Plus, the all-new Fire TV comes with 2GB of memory and 8 GB of storage for apps and games.
- Brilliant 4K Picture Quality—Watch your favourite streaming TV shows and movies in brilliant HD, Ultra HD, or HDR. As the perfect companion to your 4K or HDR10-compatible TV, experience true-to-life picture quality with stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colours.
- Compact and Portable Design— Fire TV comes in a new form factor that fits seamlessly behind your TV and also makes it easy to take 4K content with you when you travel.
- Access To Even More Content—Fire TV connects you to a world of streaming entertainment, with access to over 10,000 apps, channels, and Alexa skills. You can watch over 200,000 TV episodes and movies from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Amazon Video, Netflix, All 4, My5, Curzon Home Cinema, and more. Prime members can also add premium channels such as Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+ and Hayu. Each channel starts with a free trial, so it's easy to discover new favourites.
- Easy to Set Up and Use—Fire TV easily connects to your HDTV’s HDMI port. Simply plug it in, turn it on, and get ready to stream in 4K Ultra HD. Connect via Wi-Fi or directly from your router using the optional Amazon Ethernet Adapter and start streaming your favourite content.
Go Beyond Streaming
Offering fast and accurate voice search, you can use your Alexa Voice Remote to easily find, launch, and control content. Press the button on the Alexa Voice Remote and say, “Find romantic comedies,” and Alexa will show you results from apps like Amazon Video, Netflix, and more. Want to skip the opening credits? Say “Fast forward a minute” within Amazon Video and Amazon Channels.
You can also use your Alexa Voice Remote to control a range of smart home devices from SmartThings, Philips Hue, Honeywell, Hive, and more. Dim the lights or adjust the thermostat using your voice. You can also ask Alexa to answer questions, read the news, get traffic and weather reports, and more. Alexa offers access to thousands of skills so you can play, check your flight status with EasyJet, or order a pizza from Domino's. Because Alexa is cloud-based, she's always getting smarter; meaning even more Alexa capabilities for Fire TV will be available in the future.
Coming soon, smart home camera support will be available on all Fire TVs and second generation Fire TV Sticks. You will be able to use your Fire TV to view live video feeds via Alexa from your compatible smart home cameras simply by saying, “Alexa, show the nursery camera.” Smart home camera support on Fire TV will work on a range of compatible devices from companies including Arlo, Ring, Nest, and Logitech.
The all-new Fire TV is available for pre-order beginning today for just £69.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/firetv and will start shipping on 25 October. Fire TV will also be available at Argos, Currys PC World, Dixon Travel, John Lewis, Shop Direct and Tesco.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNews.