|The Amazon Prime Video App Is Now Available on Apple TV in Over 100 Countries|
Integration with the Apple TV App, Siri Remote and universal search make finding and playing Prime Video favorites remarkably easy for viewers
Prime Video on Apple TV arrives just in time for the launch of The Grand Tour Season 2 on 8th December
LONDON – 6 December 2017— Amazon today announced the Prime Video app is available on Apple TV 4K and previous generations of Apple TV in over 100 countries. Prime Video members now have even more ways to stream award-winning and critically-acclaimed titles including Amazon Original Movies, Prime Originals, Hollywood blockbusters, TV series and over 95 Channel subscriptions in the UK, Germany and Austria and 140 in the US. Starting tomorrow, customers can enjoy Thursday Night Football live on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV. Amazon’s library of 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) titles are available on Apple TV 4K. Finding content on Prime Video is remarkably easy for Apple TV viewers with the Apple TV App, Siri Remote and universal search in select countries.
“There is nothing that excites us more than delighting our customers, and we are thrilled for them to stream Prime Video on Apple TV,” said Mark Eamer, Vice President of Prime Video. “The app arrives just in time for the highly anticipated new season of The Grand Tour,which launches on 8th December,and Prime Video members streaming on the Apple TV 4K will have the exceptional viewing experience of 4K HDR.”
Apple TV owners around the world now have access to Amazon Original Movies and Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Tick along with the upcoming launch of Jean-Claude Van Johnson on 15th December.Prime Video offers a wide array of award-winning kids content including Tumble Leaf, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and The Snowy Day as well as popular licensed titles coming to the service every month.
Amazon Prime Video UK Press Office
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of popular movies and TV episodes, to stream or download, including Amazon Originals and Exclusives like the upcoming Original series Jean-Claude Van Johnson starring world-renowned actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme; The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel created by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino; Series 2 of the number one global hit, The Grand Tour; American Gods, based on the award-winning novel by Neil Gaiman; Sneaky Pete, executive produced by Bryan Cranston; Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton; 2016 BAFTA winning Transparent; Ridley Scott produced The Man in the High Castle; 2016 Golden Globe® winning MR. ROBOT; Bosch, based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books and all series of Ripper Street . Plus, must-see films like Lion, Moonlight, Jackie, The Intern, The Hateful Eight, The Imitation Game, Room and more. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Allowing Prime members to add over 40 individual channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, hayu and others to their Prime Video viewing experience for an additional low monthly subscription fee, without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
- Rent or Own: Thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Watch Anywhere: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, mobile devices and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and Wii U, on the Amazon Prime Video app available on Google Play and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to thousands of Prime Video movies and TV episodes, Prime members enjoy One-Day Delivery, Prime Music, Prime Live Events, Prime Reading, Prime Photos, early access to Lightning Deals and more— all available for a monthly membership of £7.99/month, or a best value annual membership of just £79/year. Amazon customers who are not already members can start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime by visiting.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
|"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Amazon.co.uk Ltd's business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.|
Subscribe to the PR RSS Feed.