- Jeffrey P. Bezos
President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com in 1994. Amazon’s mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon offers low prices and fast delivery on millions of items, designs and builds the bestselling Kindle hardware, and empowers companies and governments in over 190 countries around the world with the leading cloud computing infrastructure through its Amazon Web Services offering. Bezos is also the founder of aerospace company Blue Origin, which is working to lower the cost and increase the safety of spaceflight so that humans can better continue exploring the solar system.
Bezos graduated summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa in electrical engineering and computer science from Princeton University in 1986, and was named TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year in 1999.
- Brian T. Olsavsky
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Olsavsky joined Amazon.com in April 2002. As CFO of Amazon.com, he oversees the company's overall financial activities, including controllership, tax, treasury, analysis, investor relations, internal audit and financial operations. Prior to becoming Senior Vice President and CFO in June 2015, he served as Vice President, Finance and CFO for the Global Consumer Business.
In his role as Vice President, Finance and CFO for the Global Consumer Business, Mr. Olsavsky had oversight and responsibility for the finance team supporting Amazon.com websites, merchant services, and fulfillment operations and subsidiaries. From 2007 to 2010, Mr. Olsavsky was Vice President, Finance for Amazon's North America retail business unit and acquisitions, and from 2002 to 2007 Mr. Olsavsky led the finance departments for Amazon's Worldwide Operations organization. Prior to joining Amazon.com, Mr. Olsavsky spent seven years at Fisher Scientific, where he held a variety of financial and business management roles, and a total of eight years at BF Goodrich and Union Carbide, where he held a variety of financial and operational roles. Mr. Olsavsky received a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State and an MBA in Finance from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Jeffrey M. Blackburn
Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Mr. Blackburn has served as Senior Vice President, Business Development, since April 2006. From June 2004 to April 2006, he was Vice President, Business Development, from July 2003 to June 2004, he was Vice President, European Customer Service and from November 2002 to July 2003, he was Vice President, Operations Integration. Prior to joining Amazon.com in 1998, Mr. Blackburn was Assistant Vice President at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell.
He holds a BA from Dartmouth College and an MBA from Stanford’s Graduate School of Business.
- Andrew R. Jassy
Chief Executive Officer, Amazon Web Services
- Andy Jassy is CEO of Amazon Web Services (AWS), the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. Having led AWS since its inception, he’s managed an inventive and nimble team that has delivered more than 90 cloud infrastructure and application services that are used by millions of startup, enterprise, and government customers around the world. Jassy joined Amazon in 1997. Prior to founding AWS, he held various leadership roles across the company. He has an AB from Harvard University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Shelley L. Reynolds
Vice President, Worldwide Controller and Principal Accounting Officer
- Ms. Reynolds has served as Vice President, Worldwide Controller, and Principal Accounting Officer since April 2007. From February 2006 to April 2007, she was Vice President, Finance and Controller. Prior to joining Amazon.com, Ms. Reynolds was a partner at Deloitte & Touche LLP since 1998.
- Jeffrey A. Wilke
CEO Worldwide Consumer
Jeff Wilke has served as CEO Worldwide Consumer since April 2016. From February 2012 to April 2016, Jeff served as Senior Vice President, Consumer Business, from January 2007 until February 2012, he served as Senior Vice President, North American Retail, and from January 2002 until December 2006, he was Senior Vice President, Worldwide Operations. Jeff joined Amazon.com as Vice President and General Manager, Operations in September 1999. He left AlliedSignal (now Honeywell) where he was Vice-President and General Manager, Pharmaceutical Fine Chemicals. Jeff spent the preceding six years in a variety of operations and general management assignments in the chemical, polymer, and electronics industries. Jeff did his graduate work (MBA and MS in Chemical Engineering) at MIT's Leaders for Global Operations (formerly Leaders for Manufacturing) program where he focused on Total Quality and Process Improvement techniques. He began his working career writing software and leading software development at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). Jeff also holds a BSE degree in Chemical Engineering, Summa Cum Laude, from Princeton University.
- David A. Zapolsky
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
David Zapolsky joined Amazon.com in November 1999 as Associate General Counsel for Litigation and Regulatory matters and was promoted to Vice President in April 2002. He became Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary in September 2012, overseeing the company’s legal, policy, compliance, and regulatory affairs, and Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary in May 2014.
Prior to joining Amazon.com, David was a partner at the Seattle offices of Dorsey & Whitney and Bogle & Gates. Before moving to Seattle from New York City in 1994, he served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office and later practiced law at Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz. He received his undergraduate degree in music from Columbia University and a J.D. with honors from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Jeffrey P. Bezos
President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
Jeffrey P. Bezos has been Chairman of the Board since founding the Company in 1994 and Chief Executive Officer since May 1996. Mr. Bezos served as President from founding until June 1999 and again from October 2000 to the present.
- Tom A. Alberg
Tom A. Alberg has been a director since June 1996. Mr. Alberg has been a managing director of Madrona Venture Group, LLC, a venture capital firm, since September 1999, and a principal in Madrona Investment Group, LLC, a private investment firm, since January 1996. Prior to co-founding Madrona Investment Group, Mr. Alberg served as president of LIN Broadcasting Corporation, Executive Vice President of McCaw Cellular Communications, Inc., and Executive Vice President of AT&T Wireless Services. Previously, he was chair of the Executive Committee and Partner at Perkins Coie, the Northwest’s largest law firm. Mr. Alberg has served as a director of Impinj, Inc. since September 2000.
- Jamie S. Gorelick
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Jamie S. Gorelick has been a director since February 2012. Ms. Gorelick has been a partner with the law firm Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP since July 2003. She has held numerous positions in the U.S. government, serving as Deputy Attorney General of the United States, General Counsel of the Department of Defense, Assistant to the Secretary of Energy, and a member of the bipartisan National Commission on Terrorist Threats Upon the United States. Ms. Gorelick has served as a director of VeriSign, Inc. since January 2015, a director of United Technologies Corporation from February 2000 to December 2014, and a director of Schlumberger Limited from April 2002 to June 2010.
- Daniel P. Huttenlocher
- Daniel P. Huttenlocher has been a director since September 2016. Mr. Huttenlocher has been Dean and Vice Provost, Cornell Tech at Cornell University since 2012, and has worked for Cornell University since 1988 in various positions. Mr. Huttenlocher has served as a director of Corning Incorporated since February 2015.
- Judith A. McGrath
Astronauts Wanted * No experience necessary
- Judith A. McGrath has been a director since July 2014. Ms. McGrath serves as a senior advisor to Astronauts Wanted * No experience necessary, a multimedia joint venture that Ms. McGrath formed with Sony Music Entertainment, and served as President of Astronauts Wanted from June 2013 to March of 2018. The company is currently a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television. Ms. McGrath served as Chair and Chief Executive Officer of MTV Networks Entertainment Group worldwide, a division of Viacom, Inc., including Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, from July 2004 until May 2011.
- Jonathan J. Rubinstein
- Jonathan J. Rubinstein has been a director since December 2010. Mr. Rubinstein was co-CEO of Bridgewater Associates, LP, a global investment management firm, from May 2016 to April 2017. Previously, Mr. Rubinstein was Senior Vice President, Product Innovation, for the Personal Systems Group at the Hewlett-Packard Company (HP), a multinational information technology company, from July 2011 to January 2012, and served as Senior Vice President and General Manager, Palm Global Business Unit, at HP from July 2010 to July 2011. Mr. Rubinstein was Chief Executive Officer and President of Palm, Inc., a smartphone manufacturer, from June 2009 until its acquisition by HP in July 2010, and Chairman of the Board of Palm, Inc. from October 2007 through the acquisition. Prior to joining Palm, Mr. Rubinstein was a Senior Vice President at Apple Inc., also serving as the General Manager of the iPod Division. Mr. Rubinstein served as a director of Qualcomm Incorporated from May 2013 to May 2016.
- Thomas O. Ryder
Thomas O. Ryder has been a director since November 2002. Mr. Ryder was Chairman of the Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. from April 1998 to December 2006, and was Chief Executive Officer from April 1998 to December 2005. From 1984 to 1998, Mr. Ryder worked in several roles at American Express, including as President of American Express Travel Related Services International. Mr. Ryder has been a director of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. since May 2016. He served as a director of RPX Corporation from December 2009 to June 2017, a director of Quad/Graphics, Inc. from July 2010 to May 2017, a director of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. from April 2001 to September 2016, and Chairman of the Board of Directors at Virgin Mobile USA, Inc. from October 2007 to November 2009.
- Patricia Q. Stonesifer
- Patricia Q. Stonesifer has been a director since February 1997. Ms. Stonesifer has served as the President and CEO of Martha’s Table, a non-profit, since April 2013. She served as Chair of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution from January 2009 to January 2012 and as Vice Chair from January 2012 to January 2013. From September 2008 to January 2012, she served as senior advisor to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a private philanthropic organization, where she was Chief Executive Officer from January 2006 to September 2008 and President and Co-chair from June 1997 to January 2006. Since September 2009, she has also served as a private philanthropy advisor. From 1988 to 1997, she worked in many roles at Microsoft Corporation, including as a Senior Vice President of the Interactive Media Division, and also served as the Chairwoman of the Gates Learning Foundation from 1997 to 1999.
- Wendell P. Weeks
Wendell P. Weeks has been a director since February 2016. Mr. Weeks has been the Chief Executive Officer of Corning Incorporated, a glass and materials science innovator, since April 2005; Chairman of the board of directors since April 2007; and President since December 2010. He has held leadership roles in financial management, business development, commercial leadership, and general management across many of Corning’s businesses and technologies since joining the company in 1983. Mr. Weeks has served as a director of Merck & Co., Inc. since February 2004.